Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Ask Mr. Knownot

Rate: 1 Flag
Ask Mr. Knownot By Daniel Rigney
Since I  began offering free and forthright answers in this column several minutes ago, I’ve been flooded with imaginary questions. Here are a few from this week’s whimsical electronic mailbag.
Which state government is most corrupted by corporate money? Illinois, Louisiana  or Texas?  J.L., Omaha Nebraska.
That's a tough one. I’m really not sure.
Which family tragedy will Nancy Grace be exploiting on her crime show a year from now?  W.B., Rum Raisin, Ohio.
My crystal screen is cloudy on this one, though I’m getting faint intimations that the story might involve a bad mother and/or her boyfriend.
What does it mean to “short” a stockW.S.J, Murdoch, New York
I don’t know, but I can look it up.  That’s why God made search engines.
Was muckraker Upton Sinclair right when he wrote that fascism is capitalism plus murder?   T.J., Roma, Italia
I certainly hope not.
What is a muckraker?   P.R., Putingrad, Russia
I don’t know, but I’ll investigate.
Will the Houston Astros make it to the World Series next year?  R.J.,  Dime Box, Texas
Anything is possible in the land of equal opportunity. Didn’t you see Moneyball?
Is Trial by Headline permitted in the U.S. judicial system?  M.D., Drudge Valley, California
I’m not sure, but I know some have tried it.
What would happen if all the professional philosophers in the world suddenly refused to think?  J.K., Zenkoan, Japan
I don’t know. Probably nothing. But it would be a profound nothing.

http://open.salon.com/blog/danagram


No comments:

Post a Comment